Frequently asked questions
Sports clubs - team management and match reports
How do I add a match report?
Adding match reports requires the Match Report Submitter role. The instructions below assume you have this role already (coaches and managers are assigned this role by default)
Match reports can be added to any match that has an outcome set. To add a match report:
- Browse to the team page of the team that participated in the match.
- At the top left, click the Match Reports tab.
- On the right, click the gear icon. A list of matches needing reports will appear, listing the date of the match and the name of the opposing team.
- Click 'Add match report' for the appropriate match.
- Fill out a title and put the content of your report in the Body section.
- To submit the match report, click Submit for Approval. Once the article has been approved, it will be published to the site.
- If you want to save the match report as a draft to finish later, click the Save button instead. A saved report is not submitted for approval and won't be published. You can edit the report later, then click Submit for Approval when you're finished.
How do I add images to a match report?
You can add images to accompany a match report. The images will appear as thumbnails at the bottom of the report.
- While adding or editing a match report, click the Edit button next to 'Attached media'.
- The 'Media manager' window will appear. Click Add asset to add an image to the article, or Edit asset to change an existing image to a different one.
- The image browser will appear. Add a new image or select an existing one (see 'Using the asset browser' below for more details) and click Save. When you're finished adding images, click Save on the Media Manager window as well.
Using the asset browser
On the left is a list of folders in your media library. At first, there will only be one folder called 'Media', but you can add new ones inside that folder, edit an existing folder and move folders around:
- To add a new folder, select the folder you want the new folder to appear in, then click the plus icon above the folder list. Enter a name, then click Save.
- To rename an existing folder, select it and click the pencil icon above the folder list. Enter the new name, and click Save.
- To move a folder, click and drag it to the folder you want it to be in.
- Currently, folders can't be deleted. If you accidentally add a folder, you can rename it or move it elsewhere until you're ready to use it.
On the right is a grid of media assets in the currently selected folder. Images will be displayed as thumbnails, while other assets will show as a grey square or the icon usually associated with the file's type. You can add new assets, edit existing assets and delete assets by using the buttons above the grid. New assets will be placed in the currently selected folder on the left.
The name of the asset will appear beneath its thumbnail. If you left the name blank, it will show the name of the file you uploaded instead.
- To upload a new asset, click the plus icon above the asset grid and select Upload media asset. Optionally enter a title and description, then click Choose file and browse your computer for the file you want to upload. Click Save to upload the file.
Note: Depending on how big your file is, it may take a few seconds for the file to upload. When the file has finished uploading, the upload window will disappear and your new asset will appear in the grid.
- To edit an asset, select it by clicking on it once. The asset should appear with a blue highlight. Then click the pencil icon above the asset grid. Enter a new name or description and click Save.
Note: You can't change the file of an asset you've already uploaded. If you want a different file, upload a new asset instead and optionally delete the old one.
Note: If the pencil icon is greyed out, you may have more than one asset selected. Make sure you only have one asset selected, then you should be able to edit it. See the section below on multiple selections for more details.
- To move an asset from one folder to another, select it by clicking on it once, then drag it to the folder you want it to appear in.
- To delete an asset, select it by clicking on it once. The asset should appear with a blue highlight. Then click the garbage can icon. Confirm you want to delete the asset by clicking Yes.
Note: Assets that are deleted will no longer be accessible on your website. Please make sure the asset isn't used anywhere important before deleting it.
You can select more than one asset at the same time. Simply click once on each asset to select them. Click on a selected asset once to deselect it. When you have multiple assets selected and you drag one asset to a new folder, all the selected assets will be moved to that folder.
Note: When selecting images to attach to your match report, you can only select one image at a time. If you have more than one image selected, the system will alert you and ask you to select just one image.